Effective: March 1st, 2021
- Scope of this Policy
- Agreement to Terms
- Information We Collect
- Children’s Privacy
- Our Use of Collected Information
- Our Sharing of Information
- Our Storage and Retention of Personal Information
- Third-Party Links
- Your Privacy Choices
- Contact Information
We may collect the following categories of personal information (a) directly from you (such as when you purchase products from our website, enroll in a product subscription, or contact us with a request or inquiry), (b) from the device and browser that you use to access our websites, or (c) from cookies.
We may collect your name, email address, account username and password, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, and IP address.
We may collect information such as your computer or mobile device type, browser type, geolocation information, and information concerning the date and time you access our websites.
If you purchase a product from us or enroll in a product subscription, we collect payment information from you such as your billing address and credit or debit card information. You may also have the option to save this payment information to allow you to check out faster.
We may collect information relating to your order or shopping history such as products purchased or considered.
We may collect information such as age, race and/or ethnicity, gender, marital status, and birthdate.
Internet Activity Information and Inferences
We may collect information regarding your interaction with our websites, such as when you visited the site, which pages you visited, and how long you stayed on each page.
A cookie is a small string of information that a website you visit or mobile device you use transfers to your computer or device for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity on a website and across websites, and that information helps websites to understand your preferences and improve your website experience. Cookies are also used for such activities as remembering your username and password, if you choose. More information about cookies and how they work is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies on our websites are generally divided into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These are required for the operation of our websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into password-protected portions of our websites. These cookies are session cookies that are erased when you close your browser.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of users on our websites and understand how such users navigate through our websites (e.g., when and which pages are visited, in what order the pages are visited and where a user is located). This helps improve how our websites work, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. These cookies are session cookies that are erased when you close your browser. We use Google Analytics for part of this Process. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. You can opt-out of Google Analytics’ collection and use of data generated by your use of the Site by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Functional Cookies. These improve the functional performance of the Site and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you previously visited the Site and asked to remain logged into it (e.g., this saves you username and/or shopping cart). These cookies qualify as persistent cookies because they remain on your device for us to use during your next visit to the Site. You can delete these cookies as detailed below.
You can prevent the use of certain cookies by modifying your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections “Help” or “Internet Options.” If you disable or delete certain cookies in your Internet browser settings, you may still access our website, however, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of our website, and you may, for example, be required to re-enter your log-in details.
In addition, Shopify uses certain strictly necessary cookies to enable the online store to function properly as well as analytical/performance cookies. You can read more about the cookies that Shopify may use at https://www.shopify.com/legal/cookies. As noted above, some of our sites are built on a Wix.com platform. Wix uses strictly necessary and functional cookies. You can read more about the cookies that Wix.com may use at https://support.wix.com/en/article/cookies-and-your-wix-site.
At this time, Bulkhead does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do-not-track” instructions.
The Service is not intended for use by people under 18 years of age. Bulkhead does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 18. If you are aware of, or suspect that, someone under the age of 18 is using the service without permission, please notify us immediately by contacting us as detailed below. If you have questions or concerns about the Internet and privacy for your child, we encourage you to check out the FTC Guidelines for protecting your child’s privacy online.
We use personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide products or services requested by, or reasonably anticipated by, you;
- Manage your relationship with us and respond to your inquiries or requests;
- Fulfill orders placed through our websites, collect payment, process and ship your order, and communicate order confirmation and status;
- Manage your account, including your billing and shipping details and order history;
- Request reviews or feedback and administer contests, promotions or surveys;
- Provide you with relevant promotional materials or information about the company and its products;
- Personalize the marketing messages you receive;
- Analyze the use of our website;
- Detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity or prosecute those responsible; and
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Bulkhead may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Service providers and suppliers, including Shopify, Wix.com and other supporting host channels, payment processors, shipping providers, and IT outsourcing.
- Advisers and financial institutions, including legal, tax, auditors, risk and compliance, notaries, and business continuity support services.
- Advertising networks, to provide you with relevant marketing.
- Where permitted by applicable laws, with third parties in connection with a corporate restructuring, sale, transfer or assignment of assets or business, merger, divestiture or other changes to the company’s control of financial status.
- Government bodies, dispute resolution organizations, law enforcement agencies or third parties in connection with (a) responding to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive; (b) cooperating in a law enforcement or similar investigation; or (c) otherwise protecting our rights, as applicable.
We maintain reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or unintentional destruction. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we make commercially reasonably efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information as it is transmitted to us. To the extent permitted under applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized access by third parties, or other causes beyond our control.
For your convenience, we may link to third-party sites and services, or otherwise display third-party content through our websites or provide increased value to our visitors (e.g., social media networks). We have no control over these linked sites, each of which has separate privacy and data collection policies and practices independent from us. As such we have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any such websites. Please note that these other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information, and we encourage you to review their policies before engaging with these third-party sites.
If you no longer want to receive our newsletter, emails, or other marketing communications, you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any Bulkhead marketing email. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us, including messages relating directly to your account or orders placed through the Service.
You can amend or delete payment method information, billing and shipping address information, your phone number, email address, and password by logging into your account. If you would like to permanently delete your account, you can contact us at the information in the Contact Information section below.